Friday, April 06, 2007

Small World Watercolors

I just came back from visiting in the DC area and attended a 2-day watercolor workshop with my friend, making this my THIRD workshop to learn some art techniques. Am I on a roll, or what??? It was a good two days, enjoyable and productive, since I didn't even know how to use a pallet when I started. The rewards from being low on the learning curve are indeed great.

The Small World aspect is that the instructor, Jane Andrele Gillette, grew up in my hometown and graduated two years ahead of me in high school in the small town of Algona, Iowa. Though we didn't remember each other, we knew many of the same people and had a great time calling some of them to mind.

As recommended in my drawing workshop, I bought a sketchpad and have started sketching a little. Results are not as horrific as I thought they would be, so more will surely follow.

This non-artist president of the Vicksburg Art Association has definitely expanded horizons this year, even reducing them to home town memories.

Cool.
Jean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home