Friday, January 05, 2007

Good to remember

Not sure where the month went since I last put up a blog, but I trust readers will have some empathy for how fast time goes over the holidays! Now that we are all writing 200SEVEN on our checks without fail, I ask that we turn our brains to some memories. I lost a good friend on New Year's Day and am (1) still processing that shock and (2) remembering lots of good things about him.

At the same time, I am often reminded about David Leenknecht who died in April of 1997. David was a very good engineer by vocation and a fine photographer by avocation. Several of us are lucky enough to have an image he produced. To help ensure David's memory in Vicksburg art circles, I asked for and received permission from the VAA Board to offer a photography award in David's name, starting with the spring 2007 show. Ed and I will be starting the fund and I will be sending out a request for contributions. We hope to raise enough money to have the interest pay $200 each year.

So here's to John, and David, and Others Of Importance who are now gone in body but still here in memory. Our souls are better for having known them.

Yours,
Jean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home